IOP | Intensive Outpatient Program
The second level of treatment at Evolution Way is our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). As a seamless continuum of care, clients are “stepped down” to Intensive Outpatient upon completion of PHP. Our multi-disciplinary team continues to address clients’ issues in both Individual Therapy sessions and a Group setting with a holistic, individualized addiction treatment plan. While clients attend less frequent therapy sessions, they are able to integrate addiction recovery skills into their daily lives. Our multi-disciplinary team of counselors and medical professionals will continue to address the underlying roots of chemical dependence.
- Nutritional Counseling: Nutrition therapy for substance abuse is complex, as the nutritional risks vary depending on the substance of choice and negative conditions for successful treatment are common, including poor support, co-occurring mental health disorders, or poverty. Our Registered Dieticians will help our clients to create individualized nutritional plans to reach their dietary goals.
- Exercise Therapy: Epidemiological studies reveal that individuals who engage in regular aerobic exercise are less likely to use and abuse illicit drugs. Studies have revealed that exercise produces protective effects in the recovery from a substance use disorder. By engaging clients in healthy exercise, healthy coping skills are learned that contribute to holistic wellness.
- Group Counseling: Group Therapy sessions continue to address each individual’s unique issues in the group setting, further building an environment of belonging and community.
- Individual Therapy: Each client’s individual therapist will continue to address their unique needs and build upon the progress made in PHP.
- Community Support Groups: By accessing the strong recovery community in the Phoenix-metro area, clients learn to utilize community supports to aid in their ongoing, long-term recovery.
- Case Management: Case managers will continue to help clients address their social, legal, and vocational needs through ongoing case management.
- Medical and Psychiatric Integration: Medical and Behavioral Health Professionals will continue to address any co-occurring, chronic or underlying medical or psychiatric issues.
- Family Programming Education: Continued support is offered to family members throughout the treatment process. Healthy coping skills and family counseling is integrated into ongoing treatment.
- Alternative therapies: Utilizing alternative therapies, such as yoga, acupuncture, and music therapy, individuals experience a comprehensive treatment of mind, body, and spirit.